[RCD] RC creates multiple Users for different Mailhosts

Roland Liebl roland at roland-liebl.de
Tue Dec 22 16:36:22 CET 2009

I agree. http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1486386

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dominic Lüchinger" <d.luechinger at snowgarden.ch>
To: <dev at lists.roundcube.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 12:38 PM
Subject: [RCD] RC creates multiple Users for different Mailhosts

Hello all of you

If you login to RC with the same email adress, but with an other
Servername, RC creates a new user. That means, you'll lose your settings
and your contact information and the other informations, that are
related to a user (cache, pluginsettings). The database also stores some
redundant datas. I'm wondering if there a reason, why the it makes sense
to create multiple account for the same emailadresse. I don't see the
advantage.
If the name of the email server changes, your account settings are gone.
At the moment there is no way to map this accounts. And the user don't
understand the diffence if the entered mail.mydomain.com or mydomain.com
and afterwards his contact are gone.

Thanks
Dominic Lüchinger