[RCD] Threaded message listing implementation

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Tue Feb 24 14:58:26 CET 2009

Chris January wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have written an implementation of message threading for RoundCube.
> You can find it here: http://www.atomice.com/blog/?page_id=34
> I have split it into a number of separate patches to make it easier to
> apply. The patches are against yesterday's SVN trunk. I hope it can be
> committed, but I appreciate a few things may need tweaking first.

I've not tested yet, but I've a few thoughts for a start:
- thread listing mode should be set per-mailbox (Settings -> Folders)
- not all servers support REFERENCES (need to check capabilities)
- not all server support THREAD (need to check capabilities)
- in my opinion we shouldn't display threads count instead of messages count
- about todo "Make thread expansion persist on the server". We need some
button (a column header?) to expand ALL threads on the list and this
could be stored in database, but we don't need to save a expansion of
every thread.

Roundcube Webmail Project Developer http://roundcube.net