[RCD] Threaded message listing implementation

Chris January chris at atomice.net
Wed Feb 25 18:23:13 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 1:58 PM, A.L.E.C wrote:
> Chris January wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have written an implementation of message threading for RoundCube.
>> You can find it here: http://www.atomice.com/blog/?page_id=34
>> I have split it into a number of separate patches to make it easier to
>> apply. The patches are against yesterday's SVN trunk. I hope it can be
>> committed, but I appreciate a few things may need tweaking first.
>
> I've not tested yet, but I've a few thoughts for a start:
> - thread listing mode should be set per-mailbox (Settings -> Folders)

Done.

> - not all servers support REFERENCES (need to check capabilities)

Done.

> - not all server support THREAD (need to check capabilities)

Done.

> - in my opinion we shouldn't display threads count instead of messages count

Thread count is only used for the pagination. The 'unread' count is
still messages and not threads, ditto the messages column in the
Folder settings.

> - about todo "Make thread expansion persist on the server". We need some
> button (a column header?) to expand ALL threads on the list and this
> could be stored in database, but we don't need to save a expansion of
> every thread.

I added Expand All and Collapse All buttons.

Someone mentioned in a comment on my blog page about making unread
threads (i.e. threads with 1+ unread messages) distinguishable from
unread root messages. I need to think about how to do this. Does
anyone have any suggestions?

Chris