[RCD] Threaded message listing implementation

Chris January chris at atomice.net
Wed Feb 25 19:32:28 CET 2009

> It would be better to not use session in rcube_imap class
> e.g.$_SESSION['threading'] set this via some class variable.

Ok. rcube_template will need extending to read this then (you can't
currently use class variables in templates AFAICT).

>>> - in my opinion we shouldn't display threads count instead of messages count
>>
>> Thread count is only used for the pagination. The 'unread' count is
>> still messages and not threads, ditto the messages column in the
>> Folder settings.
>
> Still I'm not sure, imagine pagelimit=100 and a hundred threads with 10
> children each. Also I like to know the messages count.

Surely you would end up with some pages with, say, 10 threads on and
another with, say, 50? I can't think of any other mail client that
does this. I originally tried it with paging by messages and not
threads and the behaviour is counter-intuitive and confusing.

>  > I added Expand All and Collapse All buttons.
>
> It would be nice to have a one "switch" button.

The user can expand some threads and leave others collapsed so it's
not a togglable state.

Chris