[RCD] GnuPG/PGP plugin for roundcube

Jonas jonas at freesources.org
Sun Jul 26 15:45:33 CEST 2009

hello,

i'm new to roundcube, but i think it's a very promising project. but i
really do miss a plugin which implements server-side support for
gnupg/pgp encryption/decryption. searching in forum, wiki, trac, lists
etc, I already found a lot of discussions regarding this issue.[1,2,3,4]
many people even promised to work on this feature. some suggested to
wait for the plugin api before implementing gpg/pgp support. if i got it
right, the plugin api is available in the svn repository now.

everyone cc'ed in this mail stated somewhere that s/he either plans to
or already did work on gpg/pgp support in roundcube.

maybe i find the time to work on this feature within the next months.
but before i start, please tell me: do you have any code (maybe already
using the plugin api from svn) that i could use?

my plan is to develop _serverside_ support, so both public and private
key will need to be stored on the host that runs roundcube. but in the
case that you're the admin of this host anyway this is not a problem at
all. second,i don't want to take a usb-stick with me all the time, so
serverside gpg encryption is the only option here.

and i plan to use the gnupg php library[5] instead of a gnupg library as
i guess that more systems do have the gpgme library installed than the
gnupg binary.

greetings,
 jonas

[1] http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1440396