[RCD] Threaded message listing implementation

Chris January chris at atomice.net
Thu Jul 23 11:45:15 CEST 2009

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 14:01:13 +0200, "A.L.E.C" <alec at alec.pl> wrote:
> Again, good work. It's a "killer feature" for 0.4. A few more ideas:
>
> - I like one click to expand the whole thread (like in Thunderbird2)

I've not used Thunderbird. The behaviour is modelled after KMail. I'll give
Thunderbird a try.

> - Maybe it would be better to create 'thread switch' column (specially
> if we implement one click expand)? Also maybe it would be better to move
> message status icon from subject to separate column? Just for better
look.
> Threaded messages listing (on your screenshot) is not looking perfect.
> We should work on this.

How would that look? I can't visualise it in my head.
Re: the message status icon - I originally had it in a separate column but
put it next to the subject because that's what other mail clients (that
I've used) do and it makes the tree structure more obvious in the absence
of dotted lines.

> - Thunderbird's like tree indicators (those dotted images: - | L) are
very
> helpful

Yes, I agree. It's not trivial to do on the client side at present - I
think the Roundcube server side needs to send more information first.
Namely: how many vertical lines the client needs to draw for the parents
for each item. Hard to explain really, without pictures.

Regards,
Chris