[RCD] Core Plugins

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Wed Mar 4 03:46:02 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 17:39 -0500, Ziba Scott wrote:
> Hi Roundcube Plugin API Devs,

> Contacts:
> We added a few hooks, re-factored rcube_contacts.php and
> rcube_ldap.php into plugins, and then made a horde contacts plugin.

I was just going to ask how I should go about making the addressbook
code 'generic' so it could share contacts with Horde.  In the past I had
changed the actual selects, but was thinking about making the fields
variables in rcube_contacts.php, and mapping them to entries in
db.inc.php.  A Real Pluginsounds like a much better way to go.
'Regular' users wouldn't need to alter anything, and anyone else can use
whatever backend they like.

memcache is also something I was considering.  Do you have any patches
to share?  :)

Thanks,
Rick