[RCD] Core Plugins

Ziba Scott ziba at umich.edu
Fri Mar 6 23:06:26 CET 2009

Hi,
I've added the filesystem_attachments and database_attachments plugins
that I talked about earlier.  Along with them I added a bit of starter
code for core plugins

I added a list of plugins that are required for functioning to
rcube_plugin_api.php.  The init routine then checks to see if any loaded
plugin is of or extends that required plugin.  If it doesn't find one,
it will load the one it knows about.

So in this case, if you don't specify any attachment plugin, it will
load filesystem_attachments.  If you specify database_attachments, it
will recognize that database_attachments extends filesystem_attachments
and be happy.

This may be overly basic for now. There are some interesting routes we
could go down beyond just making inferences about plugins based on class
name (maybe special class properties or plugin ini files).

I just wanted to get something in place and working for the sake of the
attachment modules.  I'm happy to scrap that bit when something better
comes along.

Regards,
Ziba