[RCD] Threaded message listing implementation

Chris January chris at atomice.net
Tue Mar 17 15:09:49 CET 2009

> this spurious value.  I can get around the problem in one of two ways for
> now: 1) delete the files dovecot.* in the actual INBOX maildir directory 2)
> set $max = $this->_messagecount($mailbox, 'ALL');, which seems to work fine
> even with the threaded implementation.  Any thoughts on this?

I think $max = $this->_messagecount($mailbox, 'ALL'); is the correct
fix but it needs to go just before the call to clear_message_cache.
Something like the following:
        // delete cached messages with a higher index than $max+1
        // Changed $max to $max+1 to fix this bug : #1484295
        if ($message_threading)
            $max = $this->_messagecount($mailbox, 'ALL');
        $this->clear_message_cache($cache_key, $max + 1);
This may fix it. Previously $max was the number of threads so any
messages with indices > no. threads got cleared form the cache.

Chris