[RCD] Threaded message listing implementation

Chris January chris at atomice.net
Tue Mar 17 18:23:07 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 10:43 PM, Nathan Kinkade <nath at nkinka.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 12:17:24 +0000, Chris January <chris at atomice.net> wrote:
> Please note that all of these patches are dependant on Chris January's
> patch set to implement a threaded view:
> http://www.atomice.com/blog/?page_id=34, as indicated by the first message

I've refreshed the patches on the page. Changes:
* Ability to set sort order to 'default' by clicking on the Date
column (goes DESC -> ASC -> default) (this is a different
implementation from Nathan's original patch).
* Ability to change IMAP threading algorithm (as suggested by Alec and
implemented in one of Nathan's patches).
* Optimised iil_C_ParseThreads.

If you use Dovecot you can set the threading algorithm to
X-REFERENCES2 (as discovered by Nathan) and the sort order to
'default' and the threads will be sorted by most recent message in
each thread.

Chris