[RCD] __autoload-Function

till klimpong at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 12:42:03 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:39 AM, Eduard Krieger
<eduard.krieger at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i track the developing of Roundcube. In the moment i study the code of
> drupal and found a function i never knew before: spl_autoload_register.
> This Page in German  explains the usage of this function very well:
> http://aktuell.de.selfhtml.org/weblog/php-autoload

It doesn't really explain it *well*. It overcomplicates things. IMHO,
selfhtml should stick to HTML and avoid explaining PHP. ;-(

> However, some time ago i saw that Thomas has to move some includes
> forward for making some plugins to work with some plugins, but can't
> find it right now. Maybe wrong reminder. However, since Roundcube uses
> Classes, this functions seems to fit well in Roundcube. All the Requires
> and Includes could be removed and the Includes would only happen then
> when they are really needed.
>
> Any thoughts?

We are already using __autoload()?
http://trac.roundcube.net/browser/trunk/roundcubemail/program/include/iniset.php

Besides, I don't think in an app like roundcube we don't gain that
much from using autoload. You're best of configuring APC's stat cache
etc. correctly to get an improvement.

Cheers,
Till