[RCD] reduce network requests by consolidating icon images

Nathan Kinkade nath at nkinka.de
Mon Mar 30 04:29:50 CEST 2009

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 19:51:40 +0200, Thomas Bruederli <roundcube at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Nathan
>
> You're not the first asking for this but the first who implemented it. I
> just linked this thread to the according ticket:
> http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1484858
>
> ~Thomas

Thanks.  I'm still not that familiar with the code so certainly someone
with a higher level view should sanity check what I've done.  It's not
unlikely that I've missed a few subtle things or that some small things may
not work as expected, but it seems to work fine for me so far.  I also
realized that the image I linked to was dependent which git branch I had
checked out, so I moved it to a more permanent location:

https://natha.nkinka.de/downloads/roundcube/rc_icons.png

I also renamed the git branch from the clumsy "one_image_many_icons" to
"css_sprites".  All of the commits are based on a clean checkout of the
subversion trunk.

Nathan