[RCD] Plugins' usability

ziba ziba at umich.edu
Tue Nov 3 05:47:58 CET 2009

Hi,

I empathize with your concerns and agree that a minimum of documentation is
important and reasonable.  I actually may be the guilty owner of one of the
very plugins you are talking about.

Do you mean plugins should have easy to localize strings or that the plugin
developers should initially contribute those strings?

I think that localization is important and it is reasonable to expect that
plugins are prepared to have their strings localized, but that it is
unreasonable to expect plugin developers also have the linguistic resources
to provide translations.

Version support has only just become an issue, because 3.1 is only the
second release with support for plugins at all.  Perhaps we should discuss
formalizing plugin version support in the plugin api?

Cheers,
Ziba

--
Ziba Scott