[RCD] Plugins' usability

Cor Bosman cor at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 3 11:26:26 CET 2009

> RC is not a playground anymore ( well, it may still be playing, but
> with the big boys now :) .

We run it in a production environment with over 50,000 accounts (the
other 800,000 are still on squirrelmail) and about a 1000 concurrent,
but i do realize we're taking a risk. I wouldnt use it if i didnt
think it was ready for this, but at the same time, i know it's still
only a 0.x release.

> It may be intimidating but I'm pretty sure it makes some
> people proud.

Rightly it should. RC is a very well designed project from a
developers point of view.

> I'm not complaining and I know how busy everybody is.
> All I'm saying is that anything that's released in the
> main branch should follow "barebone" standards.

Ok, i suppose I do agree with that upto a point. If the developers add
a plugin to the main SVN branch, it should have localization support
at least. Else it gives a bad example, and as a plugin developer
myself I look to those examples in SVN all the time to see code
snippets.

Cor