[RCD] Threads - first commit

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Fri Nov 13 21:32:06 CET 2009

A.L.E.C wrote:
> Hi! In r3106, I've commited my current work on threading implementation.
> It's just a beginning. It still needs a lot of work to do, but you can
> check this out, comment the changes or help with development. Here's a
> description about current status:
>
> http://trac.roundcube.net/browser/branches/devel-threads/THREADS

I didn't look at code yet, and wont be able to look at it for a week or
may be even more, but would like to comment that document a bit.

- don't add nested messages into selection on collapse if parent message
   is in selection

yep, agree, missed that

- re-written all changes in rcube_imap.php

this is really cool, that code was a pain for me

- thread expand state is not stored anywhere

Would you please describe it a bit more?

- unread_children icon is not shown after changing message status to
   Seen, when root is e.g. "replied", also when thread contains many
   unread children. For me, we should use underlined subject instead of
   unread_children icon

Hmmm... This seems to make a sense. Although I'd better use two icons
instead of one 'universal' - seen/unseen state and all-other
replied-forwarded states. OK, thunderbird is a quite good MUA, but not
everything from it should be blindly moved to RC I think. Particularly,
thunderbirds IMAP threading support is far from being perfect (lack of
REFERENCES support, unusability with long discussions, etc.) so I'd
think again about re-implementing their approach, although only its
visual part.

- thread tree icons

Would you please describe how you see it all in place?
 From what I understand, you wanted to remove all expando icons except
the first one. Does it still in place? Or you simply want to add
'prefix' icons with a tree-like structure?

Best,
Vladislav