[RCD] Plugins' usability

Ziba Scott ziba at umich.edu
Tue Nov 3 16:30:26 CET 2009

Cor Bosman wrote:
>> RC is not a playground anymore ( well, it may still be playing, but
>> with the big boys now :) .
>>

> We run it in a production environment with over 50,000 accounts (the
> other 800,000 are still on squirrelmail) and about a 1000 concurrent,
> but i do realize we're taking a risk. I wouldnt use it if i didnt
> think it was ready for this, but at the same time, i know it's still
> only a 0.x release.
As a maintainer of a similarly sized RC installation, I'm OK with parts
of RC still being a bit of a playground.

The core architecture is very good, but there are several areas which
will take more time to flesh out.  I'd rather go through the pain and
confusion of shifting apis than slow down the rate of change.  At least
for the next few releases.

Best,
Ziba