[RCD] Enter returns double space WAS Re: HTML Compose

Moish moish at mln.co.il
Wed Nov 4 22:47:20 CET 2009

S c o t t K r a m e r wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 18:51:40 +0200, Moish <moish at mln.co.il> wrote:
>> Eric Stadtherr wrote:
>>> By default, the HTML editor creates paragraph entries (<p> ... </p>)
> for
>>> each line of text that you enter. The default style for a paragraph
> then
>>> displays some space between each paragraph.

>> TinyMCE uses P tag for Enter, thus working as designed.
>> Use shift+Enter for a single space.
>> Why? Workaround? OT. Search TinyMCE site. Have fun.
>>
>> --
>> Moish
>
> ok, also I noticed when creating a *new* message in HTML, the HTML is
> single spaced lines!  not very consistent, and probably frustrating to
> people

Not quite so here. I'm using FF 3.5.4+RC 0.3.1 and tinymce just follows
the context. I.E. new message-double, forward+reply-if the original is
html then double, otherwise single(even if I switch to html editing).
You may noticed this behavior if you compose a new message using html
editor (double), switch to plain text and then back to html (single).
I guess the reason is that there is no way to reconstruct paragraphs
so why bother with P tag.
I dont have any problems with copy/paste of html content either.

Are you using vanilla installation?

--
Moish