[RCD] 0.2.x -> 0.3.x search behavior change

Cor Bosman cor at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 9 18:18:32 CET 2009

>> You dont need to patch RC for this. You can use my searchbox
>> plugin. I also have a new version that makes it user-configurable
>> but it's waiting for a bugfix in rc and probably 0.3.2.
>
> Thanks, the plugin is good however my question is more why the
> default changed to just the subject too?

The default has been the subject for as long as I can remember, no
idea why it was changed or if it ever was any different. I agree this
less than ideal, thats why I made the plugin. I think sender is almost
more important than subject. You could make the default to/from/
subject, then it would also give you your 'Sent' searches. Not
perfect, but something at least.

Cor