[RCD] css help needed

Jean-Baptiste Hétier me at djib.fr
Mon Nov 30 15:59:41 CET 2009

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 15:40:10 +0100, "A.L.E.C" <alec at alec.pl> wrote:
> You're guys a good webmasters. I'm working on messages list menu and got

> a few problems. I've prepared it in two versions, vertical and
horizontal:

> http://194.150.197.210/rc-dev/listmenu.html
> http://194.150.197.210/rc-dev/listmenu-v.html
>
> 1. I'm not sure which is better (vertical one is maybe too high?)

I like vertical.  It's quite high but looks less complicated.

> 2. Save button in FF3 (3.0.15) hasn't got left,right,bottom border. It
> becomes visible on mouse over.

It works on 3.5.  I don't have FF 3.0 here to try it out.

> 3. If horizontal variant is better, how to make the height of all
> <fieldset>'s to be the same (of course not in pixels, height:150px is
> working, but something like 100% of the menu div would be better)?

You could to that with a display:table-cell and a height:100% but IE won't
like it.

I'm not actually aware of a solution that would work for IE (other than a
table).

> 4. Not tested with IE.

It looks all right on IE6 but you would need some margins on the
fieldsets.