[RCD] preliminary changes for crypt plugin

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Thu Oct 8 09:50:13 CEST 2009

Vladislav Bogdanov wrote:
>> 2. You're fetching text message body twice for checking if inline
>> message/part is signed/encrypted. This is of course not good for
>> performance, you should store fetched body in memory for further use
>> (e.g. by extending get_part_content function). It will be used probably
>> once again in plugin and again for message displaying.
>
> Mmmm... But what about memory usage? Encrypted/signed message could be
> rather big. And we could hit PHP memory limit easily. I'd prefer some
> kind of stream-operating parser/detector therefore.

Maybe use SEARCH instead:

s SEARCH UID XXX BODY "-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----"

but this is not the same as regular expression. One way or another we'll
need to fetch the body for display. Maybe we should handle message
bodies via (cache) files.

Roundcube Webmail Project Developer http://roundcube.net