[RCD] Adding recent messages to the list

Thomas Bruederli roundcube at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 17:22:39 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 14:52, A.L.E.C <alec at alec.pl> wrote:
> Cor Bosman wrote:
>> Why does this inconsistent behavior exist at all?
>> I assume it's a performance issue about having to refetch/reorder all msgs?
>
> I gues it's because of simplicity and better performance, but now I'd
> like to make this right. I also don't need this feature, but can imagine
> that some users will want it. +1 from me to get rid of "place recent
> messages on top" feature.

I also agree that we should get rid of it. Initially it was me who
implemented it that way but since I usually have my messages sorted by
date it'll not change anything for me. Also reloading the entire page
is IMO not too much of a performance killer because it only happens
when there are potentially new messages waiting to be listed. Let's
just reload the current page in any case and then see if there's any
need for performance improvements.

~Thomas