[RCD] contact groups

Brandon Davidson brandond at uoregon.edu
Mon Apr 12 23:16:44 CEST 2010

Hi Thomas,

I've been working on adding contact groups support to my address book
plugin and I'm running into a number of limitations in the existing
code. It looks like it's currently set up to only allow contact groups
from the default SQL backend.

After some minor tweaking in program/steps/addressbook/func.inc
(changing rcmail_contact_groups to be called for each source, not just
once for $CONTACTS) I can now see the groups from my plugin, but I'm
having some real problems with the javascript. It seems to assume and in
fact enforce the SQL-only limitation in a number of places.

Is it worth my time to work around this and contribute a patch that
allows groups from more than one source, or is this something you're
working on? If so, I'm happy to just wait and pick up development of my
plugin again when the core code supports what I'm trying to do.

-Brad