[RCD] User roles plugin + inter-Plugin communication debate

emi emidaruma at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 17:59:02 CEST 2010

Hello again!!
I've finally developed this plugin. You can find it at the RoundCube
plugins repository, http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Plugin_Repository ,
or directly on SourceForge,
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rolespermission/ . Read documentation
for installation instructions (as easy as normal for plugins).

There already are some feature request I have created. They are
questions and proposals for RoundCube core developers. One, the most
important (I think) is a inter-plugins communication solution other
than the JavaScript. For going everything OK, I think plugins may be
able to define other plugins default variables and/or functions. I
mean, this plugin needs other plugins variable "permissions", where
other plugins should define their own permissions. From now on, this
plugin defines a global variable to link to its instance, so other
plugins can register permissions with a public function inside their
__construct function. Nasty, I think.

So here is a plugin and an open debate.

Best regards,
emi