[RCD] RoundCube WebConference

Julien Vehent julien at linuxwall.info
Wed Apr 14 17:29:57 CEST 2010

Interesting news ! Definitely a nicer solution than launching some java
applet. Thanks for pointing it out.

I believe that browsers will implement some form of agreement popup to get
the user's approval.

I should definitely start working on javascript more seriously :)

Julien

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:36:24 +0200, emi <emidaruma at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there!!
> I've just found this: http://www.w3.org/TR/capture-api/
>
> W3C is in First Draft state for "The Capture API" from 1st April 2010
> !! Here is the roadmap for the implementation of this:
> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/
>
> May be we don't need to waste any second on proprietary plugins while
> standards are so close to us.
>
> See you!!
> emi
>
> 2010/4/14 emi <emidaruma at gmail.com>:
>> Hi there,
>> I think that we need a PHP library instead of a C one. We can copy
>> some of the work already done at Drupal:
>> http://drupal.org/project/xmppframework and
>> http://groups.drupal.org/xmpp . After that, the client UI should be
>> configurable or, still better, pluginable. So we develop an XMPP
>> API/Framework and some plugins that use it, for example, "GMail like
>> chat", "Facebook like chat", "VOIP chat", etc.
>>
>> See you!!
>> emi
>>
>> 2010/4/14 Julien Vehent <julien at linuxwall.info>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've been thinking about this XMPP plugin for quite a while now, but
>>> since
>>> I'm no javascript expert, I didn't dig into it yet. Strophe.js library
>>> could provide the xmpp functions, but there a lot to code for the
>>> interface
>>> (facebook style ? gmail style ?).
>>>
>>> I agree with emi that roundcube should stick to PHP/JS/HTML.
Installing
>>> tomcat (or similar) just for one plugin, even if it's an interesting