[RCD] Sent folder query

Jonas Meurer jonas at freesources.org
Thu Apr 22 22:33:58 CEST 2010

On 22/04/2010 A.L.E.C wrote:
> Rimas Kudelis wrote:
>
> > I think Alec shouldn't have closed the bug as wontfix. I also guess that
> > your bugreport wasn't clear enough about what you want to achieve (too
> > much background info). From the code you pasted, it seems that you get
> > the desired behavior by just switching positions of the foreach and the
> > if blocks, and (at least for me) it doesn't look like this would break
> > something.
> >
> > Perhaps it would be clearer if you rephrased what you wanted to achieve,
> > perhaps like this:
> >
> > " When the same folder is used for sent mail and as inbox, its name
> > should be inbox, not sent. "
> >
> > Alec, do you really see such slight adjustment to folder name resolution
> > logic as undesired?
>
> This is not only a matter of a display name. See Special Folders section
> in Settings, it's not possible to set Inbox as any of special folder and
> there was a reason to do this, e.g. http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1486114
> Setting Inbox as Sent will make the Sender/Recipient column confusing.
> Maybe there are other reasons...

i know quite some people who don't use INBOX as their primary IMAP
folder, but rather configured their MDA to redirect any unsorted mail to
something like .username. for these people it would be great to be able
to set the INBOX to some custom foldername.

i already opened a ticket about this in the past, but it was set wontfix
and closed. anyway, even when it's not a trivial thing to implement, it
would be useful.

greetings,
 jonas

 --- 8< --- detachments --- 8< ---