[RCD] Password charset

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Mon Feb 22 16:04:58 CET 2010

In login process Roundcube converts password input to ISO-8859-1 which
is wrong because it's not possible to use characters that are not
convertable to ISO-8859-1, which of course may be confusing for users.
Also user will be not able to use password set via Roundcube password
plugin in other client. Another issue would be if someone uses clear
text passwords in (unicode) database, postgres will not store text
encoded in non-unicode encoding.

My opinion is that in Roundcube login process we should convert password
to ASCII and in Password plugin we should make sure that user is using
only printable ASCII characters. What do you think?

Roundcube Webmail Developer http://roundcube.net