[RCD] moving collapsed threads

Nathan Kinkade nath at nkinka.de
Fri Jan 15 22:54:23 CET 2010

I feel like I remember reading or even actually writing something about
this some time ago.  But I wanted to bring it up again because to me
personally it seems like a bug.  I'm running the latest devel-threads
branch, and if a thread is collapsed and I drag it to another folder
only the top-level message is moved, the remaining messages of the
thread don't get moved.  This seems unintuitive to me.  In my mind it
makes more sense to move the entire part of the collapsed thread from
the point that thread was grabbed down.  Some months ago I had
implemented this in my own testing install.  I can't recall now if it
worked 100%, but I think it mostly worked:

http://code.nkinka.de/gitweb?p=roundcube.git;a=commitdiff;h=f3bb47d0e30a2e581b5017f5b7da7bb4290b60cc;hp=104e16492cfac7c170446f888995ee989d492db2

There is a side of me that feels like if any message in a thread is
grabbed and dragged to another folder that the whole thread should
probably be moved to, but I can see how some people might find that
shocking and disagreeable.  Really, the path forward should be the Gmail
approach of one giant bucket and using tags.  The folder paradigm is
sort of broken by nature, but that's another story.

Nathan