[RCD] login into 2 accounts with out logging out the first

leigh leigh at hcs.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 15 23:01:10 CET 2010

I don't think an additional ID is going to make multiple session cookies
work. Lets say you have two session cookies. In each tab of your browser,
both cookies are available, and so when you make a request to the roundcube
server, the server won't know which session to serve. To make multiple
cookies work you'd have to ask the user on each request which session to
use, which is not a reasonable user experience. The other way to make this
work is to make each session cookie available only to a specific tab, and
this is what using private browsing mode/using different browsers achieves.
On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 4:47 PM, S c o t t K r a m e r  wrote: > looks
like it would need an additional id of some sort to have simultaneous >
sets of cookies-- > > On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 16:30:34 -0500, leigh  wrote: > >
> >  > > I think there is no straightforward, secure way of doing this.
This is not > specific to roundcube, but applies to any website that uses
browser cookies > to keep track of user sessions (pretty much any website
that lets you log > in). There's no way to allow multiple sessions per
browser because the same > cookies are available throughout all tabs of the
browser. The only > workarounds are to use multiple browsers or private
browsing modes, which > allows different sets of cookies to be used in
different tabs/browsers. > >  > > On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 4:21 PM, S c o t
t K r a m e r wrote: > >> > >> could also use diff browsers, but really
these are work arounds-- how can >> we do this in roundcube config... in
addition to myself others request it-- > >> > >> On Fri, 15 Jan 2010
16:21:21 -0500, S c o t t K r a m e r wrote: > >> > >> could also use diff
browsers, but really these are work arounds-- how can >> we do this in
roundcube config... in addition to myself others request it-- > >> > >> On
Fri, 15 Jan 2010 15:01:17 -0500, Alex Leigh wrote: > >> > >> If your
browser support private browsing mode (incognito window in Chrome, >> etc),
open a new tab in the private mode will allow you to log in a second >>
account in that tab. > >> > >> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 2:44 PM,
Jean-Baptiste Hétier wrote: > >>> > >>> Le 15/01/2010 19:22, S c o t t K r
a m e r a écrit : > >>> > Is there a config setting to allow you to be in
multiple imap > >>> > accounts? > >>> > >>> I use two different domain
names to achieve that: > >>> http://mail.mydomain.com/ and
http://mail2.mydomain.com/ > >>> > >>> But a config setting would be great…