[RCD] how to/what to contribute?

Albert Lee trisk at forkgnu.org
Sat Jan 23 09:15:02 CET 2010

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 09:59:55 +0200, Vladislav Bogdanov
<bubble at hoster-ok.com> wrote:
> 22.01.2010 19:12, Francisco wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As a requirement for a software management & engineering class we are
>> collaborate in a project to apply some of the concepts we are learning.

>> The choice was given for us to participate in an open source project.
>>
>> I was looking at your list of planned features and was wondering what
of
>> those (if any) or any not listed feature we could take as a project to
>> work on.
>>
>> Ideally we would like to work on a feature that has little or no work
>> done so far, that way the project can profit the maximum from our work
>> and we can apply all the knowledge we are being taught.
>
> S/MIME and PGP plugins and framework?

+1 for PGP and S/MIME, that's one of the fairly important missing
features. There is a draft design document on the wiki for how encryption
and signing might be implemented.

Another major feature is threading support. A development branch exists
with experimental threading, but I would like to see conversation-style
(like Hula/Gmail) threading too.

Simultaneous access to multiple mail accounts would be nice too.

-Albert