[RCD] guidelines for settings

Cor Bosman cor at xs4all.nl
Sat Jun 19 09:33:42 CEST 2010

Hi all, im wondering if we should publish some guidelines for settings. There are several ways now one could add settings to the UI:

- a tab
- add a block to an existing section
- create a new section

Are there any strong opinions on when a plugin should use one of those 3 methods?  Im writing a plugin now where im doubting between a tab or just adding a new section. I dont think I should use a block in an existing section because the settings could potentially be very long which could push down settings from other plugins.

We dont want too many plugins to use a tab though, because the tab real estate is quite small.

Regards,

Cor