[RCD] Configuration for multiple mail servers issue

Arminas g.arminas at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 13:29:58 CEST 2010

Hello,

we've been trying to configure roundcube (by this manual:
http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Howto_Config) to work with multiple mail
servers. They are very different (f.e. they're listening different imap
ports), so it is needed to include couple different configurations for each.
However, we are not able to get it done. It seems, that *
$rcmail_config['include_host_config']* is not working. Here is couple lines
from configuration files :

main.inc.php:
<..>
$rcmail_config['default_host'] = array(
        'first.mailserver.com' => 'First server',
        'second.mailserver.com => 'Second server'
);
<..>
$rcmail_config['include_host_config'] = array(
        'first.mailserver.com' => 'first.inc.php',
        'second.mailserver.com' => 'second.inc.php'
);
<..>
$rcmail_config['default_port'] = 1111;
<..>

first.inc.php:
<..>
$rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'first.mailserver.com';
$rcmail_config['default_port'] = 1111;
<..>

second.inc.php
<..>
$rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'second.mailserver.com';
$rcmail_config['default_port'] = 143;
<..>

But this what happens after trying to login into each of servers:
user logins log:
[21-Jun-2010 14:18:14 +0300]: Successful login for
username at first.mailserver.com (id 57) from 1.1.1.1

..so I can login into first mailserver, but this what happens if im trying
to login into second mailserver:

error log:
[21-Jun-2010 14:19:10 +0300]: IMAP Error: Could not connect to
second.mailserver.com at port 1111: Connection timed out (POST
/?_task=&_action=login)

So roundcube is trying to reach second mailserver through port 1111, but it
should go as it is written in second.inc.php file. If I comment
out $rcmail_config['default_port'] = 1111; line in main.inc.php , problem
persists. As it persists after upgrading roundcube to the latest version
 (0.4 beta).

Maybe anyone could report, that you are using different configurations for
multiple mail servers and it is working?

Regards,
Arminas