[RCD] New compose screen?

Brandon Davidson brandond at uoregon.edu
Fri Jun 25 00:40:08 CEST 2010

On 6/24/10 5:14 AM, "A.L.E.C" <alec at alec.pl> wrote:
> I've prepared a screen for a new compose window and I've got various
> opinions abut this. What's your opinion? Question is for svn-trunk
> users, because the idea was to make compose look more unified with the
> rest of the current UI.

I'm not sure I like it - one of my favorite things about Roundcube is that
it looks and feels like a traditional 'thick' mail client in a lot of ways
that make people feel very comfortable with it. The new compose view is
pretty drastically different, and I'm afraid it would scare people away,
back to our old webmail system that I'm trying to lure them off of. People
fear change :(

Maybe if there was an option to pick the layout? That would probably be
harder to support, but I think I'd find myself maintaining a patch to retain
the old layout if I didn't have an option to switch to it.

-Brad