[RCD] guidelines for settings

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Mon Jun 21 11:37:53 CEST 2010

On 19.06.2010 09:33, Cor Bosman wrote:

> - a tab
> - add a block to an existing section
> - create a new section
>
> Are there any strong opinions on when a plugin should use one of those 3 methods?
>
> We dont want too many plugins to use a tab though, because the tab real estate is quite small.

If you have only a few simple options, create a block or place them in
existing block(s). If you've got more options create a section.
Because the space for tabs is limited, plugins shouldn't create them.
It's possible that we'll add more tabs for core features in the future
and we could have problem with this. From the other hand it would be
hard to pack e.g. managesieve UI inside a section frame. So, use tab
only if it's not possible to create an UI to fit the section frame.

Roundcube Webmail Developer http://roundcube.net