[RCD] New compose screen?

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Fri Jun 25 12:31:43 CEST 2010

On 06/24/2010 02:14 PM, A.L.E.C wrote:
> I've prepared a screen for a new compose window and I've got various
> opinions abut this. What's your opinion? Question is for svn-trunk
> users, because the idea was to make compose look more unified with the
> rest of the current UI.

it takes some time to get used to it ;)
looking at it a second time, i think that this could work.

what i would change:
1. put the subject above the body text - we're all used to putting
the "header"/subjects/... on top and not on the left side ;)

2. maybe swap the buttons "send now" and "cancel" with the "save sent
message in" option - buttons are normally on the bottom right corner.

3. same applies to the "+" sign for adding attachments.

4. what about placing "priority" and "return receipt" to the left side
too? above attachments?

5. somehow i would expect the top-icons (back, send, attachment, save
draft, etc.) to be left-aligned with the body textarea.

thanks for your work!
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OG          web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office at ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15