[RCD] New compose screen?

Robert King robk at mun.ca
Fri Jun 25 14:24:48 CEST 2010

I like the idea of a new layout for compose.  I think what you have done
is a step in the right direction, but from a layout perspective I think
some visual balancing is in order.  I've attached my photo shopped
attempt at balancing the layout.

This layout puts message headers(sender, recipient, attachments) on the
left, and message contents on the right.  The layout also takes into
account the list suggestions that the attachment area was too large.
The actions of the attachment area in this layout would start as a
blank(as in attached image), and add rows as attachments are added.

A.L.E.C wrote:
> I've prepared a screen for a new compose window and I've got various
> opinions abut this. What's your opinion? Question is for svn-trunk
> users, because the idea was to make compose look more unified with the
> rest of the current UI.

 --- 8< --- detachments --- 8< ---
  http://detached.gigo.com/rc/pi/SurZNAHG/rc_comp_layout.png
 --- 8< --- detachments --- 8< ---