[RCD] productname

Brandon Davidson brandond at uoregon.edu
Tue Jun 29 08:18:20 CEST 2010

On 6/26/10 3:21 AM, "Cor Bosman" <cor at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Now that
> the quota bar has been moved to the folderlist div, I vote for removing the
> productname div so the whole content area gets a bit more vertical space.

I agree - more usable screen space is always better, particularly on the
message view.

> There is no need for end users to know what version of RC is running right? Or
> if you really want to show it someplace, maybe use the window title or
> something. Whatever doesn't take up unnecessary vertical space :)

I recall seeing a few folks complaining on IRC that there was no easy way to
find the version after you'd installed. You could go poke around in the
source, although the version headers aren't regularly updated. Putting it
somewhere on the web interface makes it easy to check whether or not you
need an update.

I personally liked it in the footer of the Settings view; it made sense. I
just don't think it needs to be everywhere.

-Brad