[RCD] contact groups

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Mon Mar 29 18:53:00 CEST 2010

Thomas Bruederli wrote:
> 1) Should every address source provide it's own groups? This would mean
> that the groups list will also be replaced when switching between address
> sources (i.e. SQL address book and LDAP).
> Currently the listed groups only belong to the local address book and
> therefore only contacts from this address source can be stored in groups. I
> assume that LDAP in general would support groups as well.

I'm not sure if this will be possible, but would be definitelly better
to have "shared groups", it means not assigned to books.

> 2) When composing a message, groups are also included in the
> find-as-you-type query and will be simply expanded when selecting them.
> This is the GMail way and has the advantage, that one can still remove one
> or the other recipient. The disadvantage of this behavior is that the
> recipients field will be cluttered with many addresses. Other mail clients
> such as Thunderbird resolve the group members when the message is sent.

Personally, I like Thunderbird behavior.

> 3) How to remove contacts from a group? The current implementation just

I think we should add a list of assigned groups in contact's info. Also
adding to/removing from groups should be done in contact's edit form.

Roundcube Webmail Developer http://roundcube.net