[RCD] contact groups

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Tue Mar 30 15:02:49 CEST 2010

Thomas Bruederli wrote:

> 1) Should every address source provide it's own groups? This would mean
> that the groups list will also be replaced when switching between address
> sources (i.e. SQL address book and LDAP).
> Currently the listed groups only belong to the local address book and
> therefore only contacts from this address source can be stored in groups. I
> assume that LDAP in general would support groups as well.

Yes, but there also could be e.g. addressbooks with disabled groups
creation. Mixing members of SQL and LDAP addressbooks could be
problematic. So, after thinking, we should implement groups "per
addressbook". Then, would be nice to see groups list below the selected
addressbook, like this:

- My Addressbook
    - Group 1
    - Group 2