[RCD] contact groups

Cor Bosman cor at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 31 18:11:01 CEST 2010

> But another use case is that also the public LDAP address books
> provide groups (e.g. all students of class X) and these groups will
> live in the LDAP directory and are read only.
>
> However, the SQL address book could store group members from other
> sources but it'll probably not get notified if one of these foreign
> records is deleted in its original source. Another possibility is to
> implicitly copy the LDAP contact into the SQL address book when adding
> it to a group.

Both solutions seem a little ugly. I guess it's better not to mix ldap
and sql sources. And I guess thats where Vladislav's remarks come in.
If you want to mix SQL sources, it may be better to allow multiple
sources in the current 'contacts' table.  Then mixing sql sources is
trivial.  Wonder how mixing multiple LDAP sources would work :)

Cor