[RCD] #1486386: user's mail_host

Cor Bosman cor at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 12 20:52:42 CET 2010

> http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1486386
>
> What do you think about that. We're storing username and mail_host in
> users table and then checking both. This is problematic. I assume that
> it's done this way because in some environments username is a login not
> email address, but maybe  (in rcube_user::query) instead of
>
> SELECT * FROM users
> WHERE mail_host=? AND username=?
>
> we should use
>
> SELECT * FROM users
> WHERE username=?
>
> when username is an email address.

Even when username isnt an email address it's sometimes useful. We have a large internal imap cluster, and sometimes we experiment with new versions or whatever, and right now thats difficult because if we change the imap server in roundcube all user settings are gone. In situations like ours, 1 ISP and users can not pick other servers themselves anyways, it makes no sense to check mail_host.

Cor