[RCD] chrome issue 1486177 & opera mobile 1486777

Adolfo Castro Menna adolfo.castromenna at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 05:24:45 CEST 2010

Hi all,

Regarding the chrome issue described on ticket
http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1486177. I'm pretty sure that It's a
race condition in

this.sent_successfully = function(type, msg)
    {
      this.list_mailbox();
      this.display_message(msg, type, true);
  };

If the async call that pulls the mail list loads fast enough, it will
make the success message to not show up because the iframe that
triggered it is gone. In some browsers like FF, it used to trigger an
internal exception if the element where an event was triggered is
removed from DOM. The patch is not elegant (because race condition
sucks) but seems to work fine tho.

On the other hand, the opera mobile issue described in here
http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1486777 I don't think it's something
related to roundcube code. I was playing with the opera emulator +
dragonfly and looks like opera breaks the json output (parser issue?)
that is correctly formatted in the http get response. I attached my
findings to the ticket.

By the way, I'm not sure what tickets to look from the list. I'm messing
around with tickets for milestone 0.4.2 randomly.

P.S. my nick in the bug tracker is neek

Regards,
Adolfo.

 --- 8< --- detachments --- 8< ---