[RCD] Can not save the "Display Name" and "Email Address" setting

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Tue Oct 19 09:30:26 CEST 2010

On 10/16/2010 12:52 AM, Viktor Balogh wrote:
> the phpMyAdmin software for that. And you can look after how a valid
> structure looks like in the mysql.initial.sql file. And, in advance,
> take a full dump of your database. (I have chosen the second method and
> manually repaired the db.)

please make sure you secure your phpmyadmin install. especially zEmU
seems to be a PITA [1][2]

> @to the devs: I don't know how many people suffers from this kind of
> problem, but I would recommend to keep the sql files for each version
> separate. This would ensure a flawless 5sec install/upgrade, just as
> with e.g. the wordpress engine.

i recommend someting like "compare db to current layout" or "compare
db to xyz.initial.sql". typo3 offers this during the upgrade processes.

cheers,
raoul

[1]
http://webhostingproblems.net/web-hosting-issues/hosting-security-issues/zmeu-automatic-automated-attacksexploits-on-apache-php-phpmyadmin-lamp-xamp/
[2] http://linux.m2osw.com/zmeu-attack
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OG          web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office at ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15