[RCD] Individual LDAP addressbook with authentication dn search patch

David Mohr damailings at mcbf.net
Mon Sep 13 23:52:44 CEST 2010

Hi,
I implemented an ldap search so that I could do a proper bind for an
individual address book. The login name is used to search for the DN to
bind with. The attached patch requires additional settings for the
address book:
+    'search_base_dn' => 'ou=users,dc=foo,dc=bar',
+    'search_filter' => '(&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid=%u))',
and introduces another expansion, %dn, e.g.:
+    'base_dn' => 'ou=%dn,ou=addressbook,dc=foo,dc=bar',
%dn will be replaced by the DN that the above ldap search yielded.

I hope that this patch could be included in the code base. Let me know
if there is anything I need to fix.

Thanks for roundcube!

~David

 --- 8< --- detachments --- 8< ---