[RCD] Revisiting ancient issue - Apache2 100% CPU when competing for UW-IMAP

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Thu Sep 16 08:56:40 CEST 2010

On 16.09.2010 08:48, Jacob Whatley wrote:

> I was afraid that. If you don't mind, could I get your opinion on the best
> IMAP server for use in a Virtual Hosting (FreeBSD jail) environment.
> Hopefully one that will not change our existing /var/mail/<user> and
> /usr/home/<user> configuration.

I'm not a guru in this, but from the other opinions Dovecot 1.2 is a
good choice. The change will probably require some migration procedure.

http://wiki.dovecot.org/Migration/UW

>> The time for checking you can set in Preferences/Mailbox View,
>> you can set it up to 30 minutes.
>
> Sorry, but on 0.4 production here are the only options in preferences:
>
> http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz149/Grymes_z/images/rc-preferences.jpg

You need to increase session_lifetime first.

> I am not in a position where I can push a completely new build of rcmail, as
> it is in production and being used on thousands of servers at this time.
> However, I can make minor changes to files in the skel, such as adding an
> additional option for higher than the 5 minutes currently available.

Just install it in separate directory and connect with the same database.

Roundcube Webmail Developer http://roundcube.net