[RCD] Delete message delay

Thomas Bruederli roundcube at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 18:28:27 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 11:45, Marcus Don <mdon at names.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> We've been testing Roundcube for several weeks now and are planning to make
> it available to over 200,000 new users next week (followed by another
> 900,000 in 3-4 months). Overall, the feedback has been very positive, but
> there is one issue that has been reported several times:
>
> When the preview pane in enabled, there is a delay of several seconds
> between selecting a message and being able to delete it. The reason, it
> seems, is that the delete command is ignored while the message is loading.

That's correct, the entire user interface is locked and no user inputs
are processed while the message is loaded.

> I suspect this issue affects us more than most, since our email is stored on
> a large NAS cluster, which we access via NFS. However, I'm sure there must
> be an easy fix - ie by preventing the deletion requests from being ignored.

The real fix for this should be improve the message loading time by
improving the responsiveness of your IMAP backend. It's more an issue
of your infrastructure rather than a Roundcube/client problem.

Regards,
Thomas