[RCD] Unread count in page title

Thomas Bruederli roundcube at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 18:53:21 CEST 2010

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 11:01, A.L.E.C <alec at alec.pl> wrote:
> I'm using sieve filters and incoming mail is stored in many folders, not
> only INBOX. So, in Roundcube we're displaying number of unread messages
> page title, but this number includes only INBOX messages. From my point
> of view it's useless and for some peaople maybe confusing.

I know many people who use this as a feature.

> We cannot display number of all unread messages in all folders (because
> of performance reasons and hard implementation), so I see two solutions:
>
> 1. Display unread for currently selected folder only.

This seems reasonable to me. In this case one can even have multiple
tabs open on different folders and each of them is showing the number
of new messages. But changing the current behavior will confuse some
users because they're not used to switch to Inbox in order to display
the number of newly arrived messages.

> 2. Don't display the number at all.

This is not really an option for me. Why removing an existing (and
well used) feature?

~Thomas