[RCD] rcube_mdb2 with dsnr and dsnw

Thomas Bruederli roundcube at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 19:12:08 CEST 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 02:16, Emerson Pinter
<epinter at picturecorp.com.br> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use rcube_mdb2 to connect to another database.
> I need to connect to one database to execute insert/update/delete statements
> and to another database to execute select statements (performance reasons).
> I'm passing the second dsn to rcube_mdb2 constructor, but if the database is
> connected to the readonly db and I call db_connect("w"), the connection
> remains on readonly db and my insert statement fails. If I set db_connected
> to false on mdb2 object before db_connect("w") call, I got the new
> connection as desired.
> Is this a bug ?

I think this is a bug. When I look at the code, in db_connect() we do
  $this->db_mode = $mode
right at the beginning and later we have
  if ($this->db_mode == 'w')
    return;

Having $this->db_mode = $mode set at the end of the procedure would be correct.

~Thomas