[RCD] Revisiting ancient issue - Apache2 100% CPU when competing for UW-IMAP

Rimas Kudelis rq at akl.lt
Tue Sep 28 15:18:36 CEST 2010

  2010.09.28 16:05, Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] rašė:
> On 09/28/2010 02:42 PM, Rimas Kudelis wrote:
>> hm, I downloaded the debug symbols and ran gdb. Now what? I ran a lot of
>> step's, but all I see are zend_* filenames...
>>
>> By the way, strace just attaches to the process, but doesn't output
>> anything...
> attach to the process and issue "bt" (for backtrace)
>
> you should then see which function the process is currently stuck in.
>
> strace just confirms that the process is hanging. there should be
> a couple of lines output thou.

None. And it doesn't look like waiting for a command either. Inputting
"bt" didn't do anything. I added -d -f to the commandline, then I at
least saw some output:

# strace -d -f -p 29199
Process 29199 attached - interrupt to quit
[wait(0x137f) = 29199]
pid 29199 stopped, [SIGSTOP]
bt <-- I waited for a few seconds before pressing ^C here
^Ccleanup: looking at pid 29199
Process 29199 detached

> btw. do you use mod_php, suphp, suexec, ...?

I use suphp mostly, but not for stuff installed from packages (incl.
Roundcube). That stuff runs on mod_php.

Rimas