[RCD] Is it possible to use a separate filter for searching members of LDAP contact group?

Andreas Dick andudi at gmx.ch
Sat Aug 20 17:31:30 CEST 2011

Hei Zhang
well, the implementation of the contact groups is a first start, and your
situation is not yet implemented!
One reason is that I have not found a 'standard' like this!
The current implementation just uses standard LDAP schemas:
	contacts in ou=Contacts,dc=xxx
	groups in ou=Groups,dc=xxx (or even ou=Contacts,dc=xxx in as well)
and the group membership is stored in the 'member' attribute of the group
record, using the groupOfNames capability of the core.schema

To improve your feedback: please give me the informations:
- what server do you use?
- homebrew, public, commertial?
- what schema do you use for the 'memberOfGroup' attribute? kind of standard?

To conclude: your solution has some advantages over the current in RC, I am
thinking about an implementation for it, but I have to find out about
"standards" first.

thanks for feeback
Andreas