[RCD] new post

Günter Kits gynter at kits.ee
Wed Aug 10 15:04:06 CEST 2011

Hello,

I recommend You to take a look to existing RC settings code.

On the configuration part, You could include the configuration file and simply use the variables in RC configuration.

In path/to/myexternalconfig.php
$CONF = array();
$CONF['database_type'] = 'mysql';
$CONF['database_user'] = 'roundcube';
$CONF['database_pass'] = 'pass';
$CONF['database_db'] = 'roundcubemail';
$CONF['database_host'] = 'localhost';

In config/db.inc.php:
require_once('path/to/myexternalconfig.php')

rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = sprintf('%s://%s:%s@%s/%s', $CONF['database_type'], $CONF['database_user'], $CONF['database_pass'], $CONF['database_host'],
$CONF['database_db']);

If external configuration file is not in PHP You could use *NIX commands like cat, grep, awk, cut (assuming You use *NIX like OS) for processing data
via PHP system() function or You could parse the configuration file using PHP.

--
Best regards,
Günter Kits